- 2 pitta breads
- A gloss of olive oil, plus 4 tbsp for the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of chilli powder (to taste)
- A pinch of sugar or a drop of honey
- 8 large handfuls of mixed seasonal salad veg (carrots, radishes, spinach, celery, tomatoes, pepper,
- A large handful of fresh herbs (mint and/or parsley work nicely), roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2. Tear your pitta into croutons. Tumble into a roasting tin. Gloss with oil, sprinkle with a little salt. Roast for 15 mins, or till crisp.
3. Whisk together the garlic, tahini, a bit of lemon zest, 4 tbsp lemon juice, 4 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and chilli powder. Taste. Add a little sugar or honey, to round the flavour.
4. Cut your veg into bite-sized chunks.
5. Tumble your croutons into a large bowl, leaving a few aside for the top. Drizzle half the dressing over the bread.
6. Layer the veg and herbs on top. Gently mix.
7. Finish with the extra croutons and drizzles of dressing over the top.