- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g cubed pancetta
- A handful of cooked cabbage
- A handful of cooked Brussels sprouts
- 400-500g roast potatoes
- 200g cooked & peeled chestnuts
- Sea salt
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Trim the root and top 3cm off the leek, then give it a good rinse under a cold tap. Shake the leek dry and thinly slice it.
2. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large ovenproof dish and warm over a medium heat. Slide the pancetta into the pan and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally, till the pancetta is crispy at the edges. Slide the chopped leek into the pan and cook for a further 5 mins, stirring often, till softened.
3. While the pancetta and leek are cooking, roughly chop the leftover cooked cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Mash the leftover roast potatoes with a fork or masher. Roughly chop the chestnuts. Add the cooked cabbage, sprouts and chestnuts to the pan and stir well. Tip in the leftover roast potatoes, season with salt and pepper and stir everything together. Cook for 5 mins, till everything is warmed through and starting to crisp at the edges.
4. Level the surface of the bubble & squeak then slide the pan into the hot oven for 10-12 mins, till golden on top.
5. Roughly chop the parsley and sprinkle it over the top of the bubble & squeak just before serving. Delicious served with cooked ham.