- 4 small or 2-3 larger Jersey royals chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 bay leaves
- 1-2 lemons, thickly sliced
- A nugget of butter (optional)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Scrub the potatoes, chop them into bite-sized chunks if they are on the larger size, then add to a pan of boiling salted water. Simmer for 12-15 mins till just tender.
2. Meanwhile, add a nugget of butter, a splash of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a mixing bowl (you can just use olive oil if you don't want to use butter). You can also add any additional spices if you like, such as cumin seeds, smoked paprika, curry powder or a dab of mustard. Whisk together.
3. When the potatoes are just cooked, drain well then add to the bowl and turn to coat in the oil and seasoning. Skewer the glazed potatoes on skewers with slices of lemon and the bay leaves.
4. Pop onto the barbecue, rotating till lightly golden on all sides. Alternatively, place on a roasting tray in a hot (220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7) oven till crisp on the outsides.