1. Pop the skewers into a dish and cover them with cold water. This will help stop them burning when you grill them chicken. Fill and boil the kettle.
2. Finely grate the zest from the lime and set aside. Squeeze the juice into a bowl or dish (keep the squeezed halves for later). Add 1 tbsp Jamaican jerk seasoning and a pinch of salt. Add the diced chicken leg and turn to coat in the spices. Set aside for 10-15 mins to marinate.
3. Crumble the coconut cream into a heatproof jug. Pour in 300ml boiling water and stir to dissolve the coconut cream. Rinse the rice under cold water. Set aside.
4. Peel and finely chop the onion. Warm a medium pan on a medium heat for 2 mins. Add ½ tbsp oil, the onion and some salt. Fry, stirring often, for 5-6 mins till the onion is glossy and just starting to brown. If it colours too quickly, turn the heat down and add a splash of water.
5. While the onion fries, peel and grate or crush the garlic. Drain and rinse the red kidney beans. Stir the garlic and beans into the pan. Drop in the thyme sprigs and the squeezed lime halves. Add the grated lime zest. Tip in the rice and briefly stir to mix. Pour in the melted coconut cream, add a pinch of salt and pop a lid on the pan.
6. Bring the rice to the boil, then turn the heat right down and very gently simmer for 10 mins till the rice has absorbed all the water and become tender. Take off the heat and set aside, lid on the pan, for 5 mins to steam the rice and finish cooking it.
7. While the rice cooks, preheat your grill to high. Line a baking tray or grill pan with foil. If your grill pan has a wire rack, set it on the grill pan. If not, don't worry, you can cook the skewers directly on the tray.
8. Thread the chicken onto the skewers. Place on the baking tray or grill pan and slide under the grill for 10-12 mins, turning once or twice, till the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
9. Fluff the rice with a fork and divide it between 2 warm plates, discarding the lime halves and thyme sprigs. Top with handfuls of lamb's lettuce and the chicken skewers to serve.