- 75g quinoa
- Sea salt
- 150ml boiling water
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 shallots
- A handful of coriander
- ½ jalapeño chilli
- 1 lemon
- 2 plaice fillets
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 50g sweet salad mix
1. Tip the quinoa into a sieve and give it a good rinse under cold water for 1-2 mins – this washes off the soapy coating. Tip the quinoa into a small pan and pour in 150ml boiling water. Add a pinch of salt. Bring the pan back to the boil, then turn the heat down, pop on a lid and gently simmer for 15-20 mins till the quinoa has absorbed all the water and become tender.
2. While the quinoa cooks, make the tomato salsa. Quarter the tomatoes and pop them in a bowl. Peel and finely chop the shallots and add them to the tomatoes. Finely chop the coriander stalks (keep the leaves for later) and add them to the bowl too.
3. Halve the chilli, scoop out the seeds and white pith from one half and finely chop the chilli (jalapeño chillies are HOT. Just use half for a spicy kick, or the whole chilli if you like things really hot. Scraping out the white pith and seeds also reduces the heat). Add to the bowl and finely grate in the zest from the lemon. Squeeze in the lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt and stir to mix.
4. Heat your grill to high. Line the grill pan with foil, or line a baking tray with foil if you don't have a grill pan. Brush the plaice fillets with 1 tsp oil each and place on the foil-lined tray. Rub 1 tsp jerk seasoning into each plaice fillet.
5. Slide the plaice under the grill and cook for 5-8 mins till it's cooked through – it will be opaque and flakes easily when pressed with a fork.
6. While the plaice grills, toss the salad leaves with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Serve the grilled plaice with the quinoa and salsa, garnished with the coriander leaves.