- 2 pork escalopes
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- A head of broccoli
- 1 onion
- 1 chilli
- 1 lemon
- 150g sweet bite peppers
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20-25 mins
1. Pop the pork escalopes onto a plate. Measure out 2 tsp jerk seasoning and rub 1 tsp into each escalope. Set aside.
2. Roughly chop the broccoli. Add it to a food processor. Pulse a few times till you have fine ‘grains’. No processor? Finely chop the florets and coarsely grate the stalk instead.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion. Halve the chilli. Scrape out the seeds and white bits for less heat. Finely chop the chilli. Finely grate the zest from the lemon.
4. Tip the onion into a pan. Add 2 tbsp cold water. Season. Cook and stir over a very low heat for 5-6 mins till the onion is soft but hasn’t picked up any colour. If it starts to stick, add more water.
5. Stir most of the lemon zest and all the chilli into the onion. Cook and stir for 1 min till the pan smells aromatic and spicy.
6. Add the broccoli rice to the pan with another 2 tbsp water. Stir and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins till the rice is warmed through. Take off the heat. Cover and set aside.
7. Warm 1 tbsp oil in a griddle or frying pan. Add the pork. Fry over a medium-low heat for 4-5 mins. Flip them over. Fry for another 3-4 mins till the pork is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to rest.
8. Add the sweet bite peppers to the pan. Fry for 2-3 mins. Turn every so often till they are lightly charred. Serve the pork with the broccoli rice and peppers, sprinkled with the last of the lemon zest.