- 2 courgettes
- 250g baby plum tomatoes
- A handful of oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g cannellini beans
- ½ lettuce
- 4 lamb loin chops
1. Trim the ends off the courgettes. Slice them thickly on the diagonal. Tip the courgettes into a colander and add 1 tsp salt. Toss them to coat in the salt. Put a plate on top of them and weigh it down with a tin or weight.
2. Pop the colander in the sink. Leave it for 25 mins, then pat the courgette slices dry with kitchen paper. While the courgette slices drain, roughly chop the baby plum tomatoes.
3. Pick the leaves off the sprigs of oregano. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Drain the cannellini beans and rinse them. Shake dry and tip into a bowl. Add the baby plum tomatoes, oregano and garlic.
4. Stir 1 tbsp olive oil into the beans and season well with salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix, then put it to one side to mellow.
5. Tear the leaves off half the lettuce. Wash and dry them. Finely shred them. Keep them to one side, ready to add to the beans just before serving.
6. Brush a griddle or frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Heat it over a medium high heat. Add the lamb chops. Fry for 10-12 mins, turning once or twice, till well browned (this’ll give you slightly pink lamb chops. Cook for a few mins more or less, depending on your preference).
7. Lift the lamb chops out of the pan. Wrap them in foil to rest for 5 mins. Pour any excess fat out of the pan. Add the courgettes to the pan. Fry them for 3-5 mins, turning once or twice, till they’re charred and softened. You may need to do this in batches.
8. Toss the lettuce into the cannellini bean salad. Taste and adjust the seasoning if you think it needs it. Serve with the chops and courgettes.