- 500g potatoes
- Sea salt
- 1-2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 200g asparagus
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- A handful of oregano, leaves only
- 50g pea shoots
1. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into bite-sized chunks. Slide into a pan and cover with cold water. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Pop on a lid, set the heat to high and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook till tender, about 15-20 mins.
2. Meanwhile, spoon 1-2 tsp mustard into a bowl (depending on how mustardy you like your dressing). Squeeze in the juice from half a lemon. Pour in 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk to make a dressing, then set aside.
3. Preheat your grill to high. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus – bend them and they’ll snap in the right place. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and tumble both the asparagus and tomatoes onto a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slide the veg under the grill and cook for 4-5 mins, till tender and a little charred.
4. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them well and allow to steam in the colander for 2 mins. Toss the potatoes into a large bowl and spoon over most of the dressing. Stir well to coat. Add the grilled tomatoes and asparagus. Scatter over the oregano leaves and pea shoots. Toss everything till dressed. Divide the salad between 2 warm plates and serve.