- 2 large courgettes
- 1 lemon
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Slice the courgettes on the diagonal to make oval slices around ½ cm thick.
2. Put a heavy-based griddle or frying pan over a high heat and warm for 1 min. Arrange a layer of slices in the pan and fry for 4-5 mins, turning once, till they are charred on both sides.
3. Take the courgettes out of the pan and arrange on a serving plate. Repeat with the rest of the courgette slices.
4. While the courgettes cook, zest the lemon. Pick the leaves off the mint. Finely shred the larger leaves. Juice half the lemon. Whisk it with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. When the courgettes are all cooked, drizzle over the dressing. Scatter over the lemon zest and mint and serve. This dish is good warm or cold.