- 500g broad beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cooking chorizo sausages
- 6 scallops
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- 50g rocket
1. Fill a pan with water and bring to the boil. Add the broad beans and simmer for 2 mins, without the lid on, to just blanch the beans. Drain them and rinse under cold water to cool them. You'll see the skins are loose on the broad beans. To pop out the green beans, pinch the loose skin and squeeze - the green beans will jump out. Set aside.
2. Peel and thinly slice the garlic clove. Carefully slash the chorizo sausages and peel away the skins. Crumble the sausages into chunks. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a pan and warm to a medium heat. Slide in the chorizo and garlic and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Increase the heat of the pan slightly and add the scallops. Fry for 2 mins on each side, till caramelised.
4. Stir the broad beans into the pan, along with a squeeze of lemon juice. Warm through for 30 seconds. Transfer the beans, chorizo and scallops to plates and finish with a scattering of mint and rocket leaves and wedges of lemon.