- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 300g rainbow chard
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 75g gnocchetti pasta
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 750ml boiling water
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Peel the red onion and finely chop it. Peel and crush or finely chop the garlic. Pick the rosemary leaves and finely chop them. Slice the chard leaves off their stalks. Finely slice the stalks and roughly shred the leaves.
2. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, rosemary and chard stalks. Season with salt and pepper and fry for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, till soft.
3. Pour in 750ml boiling water and crumble in the stock cube. Tip in the gnocchetti pasta and stir. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 5 mins.
4. After 5 mins, stir in the chard leaves. Simmer for 5 mins, or till the pasta is tender.
5. Zest in the lemon and squeeze in the juice from 1 half. Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
6. Ladle the soup into deep bowls and serve.