- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 100g purple sprouting broccoli
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 400g gnocchi
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat your grill to a medium-high setting. Line a grill pan or baking tray with foil. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Cut any thick purple sprouting broccoli stems in half, trimming off the dry ends.
2. Tumble the tomatoes and broccoli onto the foil-lined tray. Drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper. Toss together to coat. Slide under the grill for 10 mins till the broccoli is tender and the tomatoes are bursting. They should be slightly charred.
3. While the veg is grilling, tip the pine nuts into a dry frying pan and toast for 2-3 mins till lightly coloured. Tip into a bowl.
4. Zest the lemon. Peel and grate the garlic. Halve the chilli and flick out the seeds and white pith for less heat. Finely chop it.
5. When the broccoli and tomatoes are cooked, remove from the grill and set to one side. Place the frying pan you used to toast the pine nuts back on the heat. Add the butter, lemon zest, garlic and chilli. Sizzle for 1 min.
6. Add the gnocchi and fry in the fragrant butter for 3-5 mins, stirring constantly till the gnocchi starts to turn golden. Add the charred broccoli and tomatoes and toss together to coat in the butter and warm through.
7. Season with salt and pepper. Squeeze in a little lemon juice to taste. Serve in 2 warm bowls, topped with the toasted pine nuts.