- 1 mug of shelled broad beans
- 1 small red chilli deseeded and finely chopped (use more or less to suit your taste)
- A handful of fresh basil or mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- A glug of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Simmer the broad beans in a little water till tender, about 5 mins. Refresh in cold water.
2. Peel away the shell of the beans with your fingers leaving the soft centre.
3. Add the beans, chilli and mint to a food processor with a splash of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, and a good squeeze of lemon.
4. Whiz till smooth. Taste. Adjust seasoning and add more lemon or olive oil, if needed.
5. Pop in a tub, gloss the top with olive oil and it’ll keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. It’ll also freeze. Just defrost and get dippin’.