- 2 kohlrabi
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A handful of mint leaves
- 50g rocket
1. Trim the base and stalks off 2 kohlrabi (you can use the leafy kohlrabi tops in the salad too, just roughly shred them). Cut the kohlrabi into thick matchsticks and pop into a salad bowl.
2. Peel and thinly slice the red onion and add it to the bowl. Peel the garlic clove and grate it into a separate small bowl. Squeeze in juice from the lemon. Add a pinch of dried chilli flakes (chilli flakes are very spicy, so use as much or little as you prefer) and 1 tsp cumin seeds. Add a little salt and pepper and drizzle over1 tbsp oil. Stir well to make a dressing.
3. Finely slice the mint leaves and roughly chop the rocket. Pour the dressing into the salad bowl and toss to coat. Scatter in the shredded mint and rocket leaves. Fold together and serve.