- 500g new potatoes
- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 1 egg
- 75g polenta
- 340g fish pie mix
- 2 red onions
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a baking tin with baking paper. Fill and boil your kettle.
2. Scrub the new potatoes, halve them and tumble into a large pan. Cover the potatoes with cold water and add a generous pinch of salt. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-18 mins, till tender (see step 5 for when to check them so you can cook the broccoli).
3. Crack the egg into a medium bowl. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and beat. Pour the polenta into a separate bowl and stir through a pinch of salt and pepper. Drop a piece of fish into the egg and using a fork turn it over to coat. Lift it into the polenta and turn over to thoroughly coat. Place on the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining fish till all used up. You may have some polenta left at the end.
4. Slide the fish into the oven for 12 mins till the polenta is just golden and the fish is cooked through. You can check by lightly pressing on a large piece with a fork and you will see it flake.
5. While the potatoes and fish are cooking, peel and thinly slice the red onions and place in a bowl. Add a good pinch of salt. Grate over the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Mix and set to one side to pickle.
6. Trim the dry ends off the broccoli florets and cut the broccoli stems in half. When the potatoes are nearly cooked (check after 12-15 mins), add the broccoli to the simmering water. Cook for 2-3 mins, till the broccoli is tender. Drain the broccoli and potatoes and allow to steam dry in the colander for 1 min.
7. Tip the broccoli and potatoes back into the pan. Pour in the pickled onions and lemon juice and drizzle in 1 tbsp olive oil. Gently toss to mix and coat. Serve the crispy fish nuggets with the lemony veg on the side.