- 150g white basmati rice
- 200g white mushrooms
- 1 courgette
- 1 onion
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- A handful of wild garlic
- 50g butter, softened
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Rinse the rice under cold water, then tip it into a small pan. Pour in 300ml hot water from the kettle. Add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil. Turn the heat right down. Simmer for 6-8 mins till all the water has been absorbed. Take off the heat and set aside to steam, lid on, for 5-10 mins to finish cooking the rice.
2. While the rice cooks, tear the mushrooms into small pieces. Trim the courgette and chop it into small chunks. Peel and finely chop the onion. Set to one side.
3. Chop the chicken in bite-sized pieces. Warm a frying pan on a medium-high heat, then add 1 tbsp olive oil. Carefully add the chicken and cook for 8 mins, turning once or twice, till the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
4. While the chicken fries, finely chop the wild garlic and pop it into a bowl. Add the softened butter with a good pinch of black pepper and beat together to combine.
5. Lift the chicken out of the pan and set aside on a warm plate. Add the mushrooms, courgette and onion to the pan. Add a third of the wild garlic butter. Cook for 5 mins, stirring often, till the veg have started to soften.
6. Add the chicken back to the pan, along with any resting juices from the plate. Add the remaining wild garlic butter and cook for 2 mins, stirring, till everything is glossy. Taste and add more salt or pepper, if needed.
7. Divide the rice between 2 plates. Top with the chicken and veg, and drizzle over any wild garlic butter from the pan to serve.