- 150g white basmati rice
- 300ml boiling water
- Sea salt
- 200g white mushrooms
- 1 courgette
- 1 onion
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of wild garlic
- 45g butter, softened
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Rinse the rice under cold water then tip the rice into a small pan. Pour in 300ml hot water from the kettle. Add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil. Turn the heat right down. Simmer for 6-8 mins till all the water has been absorbed. Take off the heat and set aside to steam, lid on, for 5 mins to finish cooking the rice.
2. While the rice cooks, tear the mushrooms into small pieces. Trim the courgette and chop it into small chunks. Peel and finely chop the onion. Set them to one side.
3. Chop the chicken in bite-size pieces. Warm a frying pan on a medium heat for 2 mins, then add 1 tbsp olive oil. Carefully add the chicken and cook for 8 mins, turning once or twice, till the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop the wild garlic and pop it into a bowl. Add the butter with a good pinch of black pepper and stir together.
5. Lift the chicken out of the pan and set aside on a warm plate. Add the mushrooms, courgette and onion to the pan. Add a third of the wild garlic butter. Cook for 5 mins, stirring often, till the veg have started to soften.
6. Add the chicken back to the pan, along with any resting juices from the plate. Add the remaining wild garlic butter and cook for 2 mins, stirring, till everything is glossy. Taste and add more salt or pepper if needed.
7. Divide the rice between 2 plates. Top with the chicken and veg, and drizzle over the wild garlic butter to serve.