- 4 chicken thighs, 4 drumsticks or 2 legs
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 oranges or any orangey citrus variety, quartered
- A couple handfuls of seasonal veg, cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- A handful of fresh coriander, chervil or parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Pop the chicken in a roasting tray. Gloss with oil and season well.
2. Tuck the orange segments and seasonal veg (if using) in with the chicken, then slide into the oven to roast for 25 mins.
3. After 25 mins, squeeze the juice from 1 roasted orange segment over the chicken. Drizzle the honey over the chicken and mix in the chilli and garlic.
4. Crank the oven up to 230°C/Fan 210°C/Gas 8 and cook for 15 mins to crisp the skin.
5. Add a final squeeze of roasted orange juice over the chicken and finish with a scattering of fresh herbs.