- 4 chicken thighs, 4 drumsticks or 2 legs
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 oranges or any orangey citrus variety, quartered
- A couple handfuls of seasonal veg, cut into chunks (optional)
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- A handful of fresh coriander, chervil or parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Pop the chicken in a roasting tray. Gloss with oil and season well.
2. Tuck the orange segments and seasonal veg (if using) in amongst the chicken.
3. Roast for 25 mins.
4. Squeeze the juice from one of the orange segments over the chicken. Drizzle the honey over the chicken and mix in the chilli and garlic.
5. Crank the oven up to 230°C/Gas 8 and cook for a further 15 mins to crisp the skin.
6. Add a final squeeze of roasted orange juice over the chicken and finish with a scattering of fresh herbs.