- 1kg Brussels sprouts
- 200g pack of cooked, peeled chestnuts
- A splash of olive oil
- 200g unsmoked bacon lardons
1. Put a large pan of water on to boil. Wash the sprouts and trim off the stalky bottoms so they’re flat. Pull off any torn outer leaves.
2. When the water’s boiling, add the sprouts. Simmer, lid off, for 5 mins till they’re just cooked but still nice and firm. Drain them.
3. While the sprouts simmer, roughly chop the chestnuts. Warm a splash of olive oil in a deep frying pan or wok. When it’s hot, add the chestnuts and lardons. Stir and fry for 5-8 mins till the lardons are crisp and golden.
4. Add the sprouts. Stir and fry for 2-3 mins. Tip into a dish and serve.