- 1 courgette
- 1 garlic clove
- A thumb of ginger
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- ½ tbsp olive or coconut oil
- A head of broccoli
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400ml hot water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lime
1. Trim the courgette and chop it into small chunks. Peel and finely grate the garlic and ginger.
2. Place a large pan on the heat for 2 mins then add the pumpkin seeds. Toast for 2-3 mins till golden and nutty smelling. Tip them on to a small plate.
3. Place the pan back on the heat and drizzle in ½ tbsp oil. Add the courgette, garlic and ginger and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 4-5 mins, stirring every now and then.
4. While the courgette fries, finely chop the broccoli, florets and stalk. Fill and boil your kettle.
5. Pour the tin of coconut milk into the pan and add 400ml hot water from the kettle. Bring to a simmer. Add the broccoli with a pinch of salt and pepper and simmer for 8 mins , no lid on the pan, till the broccoli is soft. Zest and juice in the lime.
6. Blitz using a hand blender till really smooth, or ladle the soup into a blender and blitz. Taste and add more salt or pepper if you think it needs it. Ladle into warm bowls and top with the toasted pumpkin seeds to serve.