- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- A handful of thyme, leaves only
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spelt & Rye Sourdough bread
- A small chunk of Perl Las blue cheese
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 8 unsmoked streaky bacon rashers
- A handful of chives
1. Mash 2 tbsp soft butter with 1 shallot (peeled and finely chopped), a few thyme leaves and some seasoning. Cut 4 thin slices off the loaf of bread. Slice off the crusts and halve the slices, then thickly spread the shallot butter over the rye bread.
2. Crumble a little Perl Las Blue Cheese over each slice. Core and slice 1 apple and toss with lemon juice, then lay it on the cheese.
3. Heat your grill to high. Grill 8 unsmoked streaky bacon rashers for 5-6 mins, turning once, till crisp. Lay on top of the apple. Garnish with a few fresh chives.