- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- A few pinches of chilli powder
- 1 avocado
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 400g tin of black beans
- 1 lime
- A handful of coriander
- 150g soured cream
- 75g natural tortilla chips
- Green salad, to serve
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Light your barbecue, if you’re using it. Pull the leaves and silks off the sweetcorn cobs. When the water is boiling, add the corn cobs and simmer for 5 mins. Drain and leave the cobs to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, set a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Tip in the pumpkins seeds and dust in ½ tsp salt and a small pinch of chilli powder. Dry fry for 2-3 mins till the seeds pop, shaking the pan while they cook. Tip into a small bowl. Set aside
3. Halve the avocado and discard the stone. Scoop out the flesh and roughly chop it. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Drain and rinse the black beans. Mix them all together in a large bowl. Zest and juice the lime. Reserve the zest for later. Pour the lime juice into the bowl. Gently mix together. This is your black bean guacamole. Set aside.
4. Pick the leaves from the coriander sprigs. Finely chop the stalks. Spoon the soured cream into a small bowl. Stir in the chopped coriander stalks andthe lime zest. Season with a little salt Set aside.
5. Mix ½ tbsp oil with a pinch of chilli powder. Lay the sweetcorn cobs in a large dish and pour over the spicy oil. Rub all over the cobs to coat. Pop them
on the barbecue or under the grill for 10 mins. Turn regularly till charred. Transfer the cooked sweetcorn to a serving platter.
6. Spoon the soured cream over the cobs and sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve with the guacamole, tortilla chips and green salad. Scatter over the coriander leaves to garnish.