- 4 skewers
- 12 scallops
- A handful of parsley
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 5 anchovies
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. If you're using wooden or bamboo skewers, pop them in a glass or dish of water to soak – this will help stop them burning on the grill. Light your barbecue. It will take around 45 mins to get hot enough to cook on. When the coals are glowing white, they're ready. Thread 3 scallops onto each skewer and set them aside on a plate.
2. Tear the parsley leaves and stalks, basil leaves and mint leaves into a small food processor. Peel and grate in the garlic. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Add 5 anchovies, 1 tbsp capers, 1 tsp Dijon mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Blitz the mixture to finely chop and combine, then scrape it into a bowl and loosen it with 4 tbsp olive oil to make a sauce.
3. When the barbecue is ready, drizzle the scallops with 1 tbsp olive oil and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Lay the skewers on a hot part of the grill and cook for 2 mins on both sides, till the scallops are golden and slightly charred at the edges.
4. Serve the scallop skewers drizzled with the green sauce, with your favourite salad or grilled veg on the side.