- 2 mugs of celeriac, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 mugs of cored apples
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finally chopped
- 2 mugs of crème fraîche, or 1 mug of mayonnaise
- A big handful of herbs or rocket
- A handful of toasted pinenuts or walnuts (optional)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: nil
1. Pop the celeriac and apples into a bowl. Toss with the lemon juice (and zest, if you like) and plenty of salt and pepper.
2. Fold in the garlic and crème fraîche/mayo. Scatter the herbs over the top, along with toasted nuts and/or chicken, if using.
3. Mix, adjust the seasoning if needed and serve.
4. Salad Days
This mixture makes a great filling for a sandwich if you've got some good bread handy, or add leafy greens to transform it into a more lush salad. If you didn't add meat to the mix, you could serve this alongside roast chicken or pork for freshness and crunch.