- A small bag of Jerusalem artichokes (400g or so)
- A splash of olive oil
- 3 oranges: one for zest and juice, two for segments
- 5-6 smallish garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
- A few rosemary sprigs
- A drizzle of honey
- A handful of toasted breadcrumbs
- A crumbling of goat's cheese
- A bundle of watercress
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven (and a roasting tin) to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Scrub your Jerusalem artichokes. Halve or quarter, depending on size.
3. Toss into the warm roasting tin with some olive oil, orange juice, zest, garlic and rosemary. Season. Pop into the oven for 30-45 mins, till golden, sticky and crisp, checking every 10-15 mins.
4. Toss the orange segments and any juice from them into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, a swig of olive oil and a drizzle of honey. Gently mix the dressing through the watercress. Fold through the Jerusalem artichokes. Top with a crumble of cheese and toasted breadcrumbs.