- 200g black truffle vintage cheddar
- 25g cornflour
- 200ml full cream milk
- Small boiled potatoes, cubed bread, steamed broccoli, chunks of cooked sausage or hot dogs, to serve
- Gherkins, to serve
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Coarsely grate the black truffle cheddar. Pop it into a medium-sized pan and add the cornflour. Toss to evenly coat the cheese with the cornflour.
2. Set the pan on a medium-low heat and pour in the milk. Gently warm, stirring often, for 3-5 mins till the cheese has melted and combined with the milk to make a thick sauce.
3. Scoop the warm cheese dip into a warm bowl and serve with small boiled potatoes, steamed spears of broccoli, chunks of cooked sausage and/or boiled new potatoes for dipping in the sauce. Pickled gherkins on the side are also delicious and cut through the richness.
4. Keep Things Liquid The dip will start to set as it cools, so make sure the bowl you serve it in is warm to help keep the dip warm and liquid. If it becomes too solid, either pop the dish in the microwave for a few seconds or scoop the dip back into the pan and reheat till liquid and smooth. If you have a fondue set, you can make the dip in that and keep it melted and smooth over the flame while you eat it.