1. Warm a large pan over a medium heat for 2 mins. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and the diced chicken leg. Fry for 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally, till the chicken is browned all over.
2. While the chicken browns, peel and finely chop the onion. Halve the pepper. Scoop out the seeds and white pith. Finely chop it to match the onion.
3. When the chicken is brown, lift it out of the pan. Pop on a plate. Add the onion and pepper to the pan with 2 tbsp water and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over a medium-low heat for 5 mins till the veg have softened and started to brown. Add a splash more water as the veg cook if they need it.
4. While the veg cook, dice the tomato. Halve, quarter or slice the mushrooms, depending on how big they are. Stir the tomato and mushrooms into the onion and pepper. Cook for 8 mins, stirring occasionally, till the mushrooms are juicy and the tomato is soft.
5. Return the chicken to the pan, with any juices from the plate. Add 1 tsp each coriander seeds and dried oregano, ½ tsp cinnamon and ½-1 tsp chilli flakes (or more if you like things spicy – they're hot) to the pan. Crumble in the chicken stock cube. Pour in 400ml boiling water. Give everything a good stir.
6. Put a lid on the pan, turn up the heat and bring to the boil. When it's boiling, turn it down and simmer for 15 mins till the chicken is tender.
7. After the chicken has cooked for 10 mins, tip the bulgar wheat into a heatproof bowl. Pour in 250ml boiling water. Add a pinch of salt, give everything a stir and then cover with a plate. Set aside to soak for 5 mins.
8. Crumble half the pack of feta. Pluck the mint leaves off the stalks. Finely slice any large leaves.
9. Taste the stew and add a pinch more salt or pepper if you think it needs it. Fluff the bulgar wheat up with a fork. Scoop the bulgar into bowls and top with the chicken stew. Scatter over the feta and mint to serve.