- 1 red onion
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 chilli
- A handful of coriander
- 1 lime
- 400g sweet potato gnocchi
- 20cl soya cream
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado
- Sea salt
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Peel and finely chop the red onion and scoop it into a bowl. Dice the tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
2. Halve the chilli, scrape out the seeds (or leave them in for more heat) and finely chop the chilli. Finely chop the coriander stalks, setting the leaves aside for later. Finely grate the zest from the lime. Add the chilli, coriander stalks and lime zest to the bowl with the chopped veg. Add a pinch of salt and stir to mix. Set the salsa to one side.
3. Fill a pan with hot water from the kettle and add a pinch of salt. Set on a high heat and bring the pan back to the boil. Preheat your grill to high.
4. Add the sweet potato gnocchi to the pan of simmering water and cook for 3-4 mins till the sweet potato gnocchi float to the top of the pan. Drain and tip them into a heatproof dish.
5. Spoon the salsa over the gnocchi. Pour over the soya cream and scatter over the sunflower seeds. Slide the gratin under the grill for 8-10 mins, till it's golden and bubbling.
6. While the gratin cooks, halve the avocado and scoop out the stone. Dice the avocado and slide it into a bowl. Squeeze over the juice from the lime, add a pinch of salt and stir to mix.
7. When the gratin is bubbling and a little browned, take it out from under the grill. Divide it between 2 warm bowls, top with the avocado and the coriander leaves and serve.