- 1 swede (of the vegetable variety), peeled and carved into chunky batons
- A lug of olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A good pinch of chilli powder
- 1-2 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- A generous grating of Parmesan cheese
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Pop a large roasting tin in the oven to heat up.
2. In a bowl, toss the swede with olive oil, lemon juice (if using), a good pinch of salt, pepper and chilli powder.
3. Tumble into the hot roasting tin. Arrange in a single layer.
4. Roast until golden, 30-45 mins. Check and turn often.
5. Once cooked, toss with freshly chopped rosemary. Top with grated Parmesan. Taste. Adjust seasoning, as needed. Serve. And remember Miss Piggy’s wise words, ‘never eat more than you can lift’.