- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 175g plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 120ml milk
- 125g Summer fruit (whole currants, pitted cherries, blueberries, raspberries or chopped strawberries
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Oil a medium-sized loaf tin and dust with flour to stop the loaf from sticking. Or, use two mini loaf tins. If you’re cooking them at the same time, the cooking time will remain the same.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
3. Whisk the egg, milk and butter together. Fold through the flour mixture. Be careful not to over-mix.
4. Swirl in the fruit and chocolate, saving a bit for the top.
5. Pour the mix into the tin. Scatter the remaining fruit and chocolate over the top.
6. Bake for 45 mins, till golden and a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.