- 200g white basmati rice
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 courgette
- 1 carrot
- 4 spring onions
- 1 orange
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 cod fillets
- 400ml boiling water
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15-20 mins
1. Heat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC/Gas 6. Put the rice in a bowl and cover with cold water. Swoosh about a bit with your hand. This will help make it stickier. Leave to sit while you make the fish marinade.
2. Trim the courgette and cut it into long thin strips. Peel the carrot and cut it into thin slices on the diagonal.
3. Cut the green parts from the spring onions and finely chop them. Set aside. Trim the roots from the purpley white ends.
4. Zest the orange. Juice half of it. Peel and grate the ginger. Finely chop the chilli, flicking out the seeds for a little less heat. Whisk the orange zest and juice, ginger and chilli with 2 tbsp each of the honey and tamari and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
5. Pile the carrot, courgette and the white parts of the spring onions into a baking dish. Pop a fillet of fish on the heap of veg. Spoon 2 tbsp of the honey mix onto each cod fillet. Whisk the remaining sauce with 2 tbsp water and pour around the cod, over the veg.
6. Slide the tray into the oven for 10-12 mins till the fish is cooked. The fish will come away in large flakes when parted with a fork. The veg will still be crunchy.
7. Meanwhile, drain the rice (but don’t rinse). Put in a pan and cover with 400ml cold water. Cover and bring to the boil. Turn off the heat. Stir briefly then leave to sit for 10 mins with the lid on.
8. Divide the rice between 2 wide bowls. Spoon over the veg then sit a piece of cod on top. Spoon over the sauce and finish with a scattering of spring onion greens.