- 2 red peppers
- 50g toasted almonds
- 50g toasted bread cubes
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- A large handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- A pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 bunches of spring onions
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 6 mins
1. Char 2 red peppers on a hot barbecue or under the grill for 10-20 mins. Put in a bowl and cover with cling film.
2. When cool, peel off the skin. Remove the stalks, pith and seeds. Put the peeled peppers in a food processor.
3. Add 50g toasted almonds, 50g toasted bread cubes, 1 chopped tomato, 1 crushed garlic clove, a large handful of chopped parsley, 1 tsp smoked paprika, a pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp oil. Blitz to a paste.
4. Thread 4 bunches of spring onions onto skewers. Cook on the barbecue or under the grill for 3 mins on each side. Serve with the romesco sauce to dunk or drizzle.