- 1 onion
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive, sunflower or coconut oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400g tin of green lentils
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 250g Quinoa & Indian Style Chickpea Quinola
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15-18 mins
1. Fill your kettle and boil it. Peel and finely chop the onion. Dice the tomatoes. Put a medium pan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Add the onion and tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt. Fry, stirring often, for 5 mins till the veg have started to soften.
2. While the veg fry, peel and grate or crush the garlic. Drain and rinse the lentils under cold water.
3. Stir the garlic and lentils into the veg. Add 1 tbsp vegetable curry powder. Crumble in the stock cube. Give everything in the pan a good stir.
4. Pour in 250ml hot water from the kettle. Stir to mix and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down a little and simmer for 8-10 mins.
5. While the lentils simmer, cook the quinoa following the packet instructions.
6. Taste the lentils and add a pinch more salt or some pepper if you think it needs it. Divide the quinoa between a couple of warm bowls, top with the lentils and serve.