- 500g sweet potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 50g watercress
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 150g piparra chilli peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/170°C Fan/Gas 4. Scrub the sweet potatoes and chop them into small cubes. Peel and grate 1 garlic clove. Whisk it in a small bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp smoked paprika. Toss the garlicky, smoked paprika oil through the sweet potato cubes. Season.
2. Tumble the sweet potato cubes onto a baking tray and roast for 30 mins till softened and crispy. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
3. Whilst the potatoes are roasting, grate the remaining garlic clove. Peel and finely chop the shallot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, setting the leaves aside for later. Whisk the garlic, shallot, parsley stalks with 1 tsp honey and 1tbsp rice wine vinegar.
4. Heat a frying pan for 2 mins. When warm, drizzle in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the piparra peppers. Stir and fry for 3-5 mins till charred and a little wrinkled. Scatter over some flaky salt.
5. Toss the roasted sweet potato and watercress with the shallot and garlic dressing, Arrange on a platter. Top with fried peppers and parsley leaves. Dust over a little smoked paprika.