- 500g potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 celery sticks
- A bunch of spring onions
- 50g lamb's lettuce
- 75g perl las cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and chop into bite-sized chunks. Tip the potatoes into a roasting tin and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Slide into the oven and roast for 30 mins, turning halfway, till golden and tender.
2. Meanwhile, make the salad dressing. Peel and crush or finely grate the garlic and slide it into a bowl. Spoon in 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper and whisk in 1 tbsp oil till everything is well combined. Set aside.
3. Trim the dry ends from the celery sticks. Slice the celery thinly, on the angle. Trim the roots off the spring onions.
4. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a heavy frying pan or griddle pan and warm to a high heat. When the pan is smoking hot, add the spring onions. Fry for 3-4 mins, turning once or twice, till lightly charred on all sides. Lift the spring onions out onto a chopping board, cool slightly, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
5. When the potatoes are cooked, transfer to a salad bowl or platter. Arrange the chopped celery, charred spring onions and lamb’s lettuce over the top. Spoon over the dressing and toss together.
6. Divide the salad between a couple of plates and finish with crumbles of the Perl Las cheese.