- 2 chicken breast fillets, skinless & boneless
- 500g potatoes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 100ml boiling water
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 400g tinned cherry tomatoes
- 80g Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Fill and boil your kettle. Scrub the potatoes and slice into chips as thick as your finger (no need to peel them). Add them to a large roasting tin. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat, then slide into the oven for 40 mins, turning halfway, till crispy and golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, peel the red onion and thinly slice it. Peel and chop or grate the garlic.
3. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a deep frying pan and warm to a medium-high heat. Rub the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the chicken and fry for 2-3 mins on each side, till browned. Lift the chicken out onto a plate and set to one side.
4. Turn the heat under the pan down to medium. Add the onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally, till softened. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 min.
5. Tip the tinned cherry tomatoes into the pan along with 100ml boiling water. Add the olives and 1 tbsp capers to the pan and stir. Nestle the chicken breasts into the sauce. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid (or use a baking tray if you don't have a lid) and simmer for 15-20 mins till the chicken is cooked through.
6. Roughly chop the parsley leaves and stalks. When ready, divide the chicken and sauce between a couple of shallow bowls. Garnish with the parsley and serve with chips on the side.