- 6 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g samphire
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 125g mozzarella
- 1 lemon
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well till combined. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves. Give the samphire a quick rinse under a cold tap, and trim away any woody ends.
2. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a medium-sized ovenproof frying pan and warm over a medium-high heat. Slide the sliced garlic into the pan and fry for 30 secs-1 min, stirring, till the slices turn golden.
3. Add the samphire to the pan, along with a pinch of dried chilli flakes. Stir the samphire in the garlicky oil for 30 secs, then pour over the eggs. Cook the frittata for 2-3 mins on the hob, till the egg starts to come away from the pan at the sides.
4. Tear the mozzarella over the top of the frittata and crack over some ground pepper. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 12-15 mins, till the eggs have just set.
5. Once cooked, let the omelette sit for 2-3 mins, then turn out onto a board. Divide slices of frittata between plates and serve with a wedge of lemon on the side.