- 1 tbsp sea salt
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 750ml sunflower oil
- A few handfuls of leftover veg peelings, such as sweet potato, celeriac, beetroot or carrots
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Tip 1 tbsp sea salt into a food processor. Pick a handful of rosemary leaves, roughly chop them and add them to the processor. Blitz together to finely chop the rosemary and incorporate it with the sea salt. Tip the rosemary salt into a small bowl and set it aside.
2. Pour the sunflower oil into a sturdy pan and warm to a high heat. Line a large bowl with greaseproof paper. Check that the oil is at the right temperature by carefully lowering in a strip of veg peel. If it sizzles straight away then the oil is hot enough. Add a handful of mixed veg peelings to the pan and fry for 3-4 mins, stirring carefully with a slotted spoon once or twice, till the peelings are crispy and golden. Use the spoon to scoop the cooked crisps out of the oil into the lined bowl to drain. Repeat with the rest of the veg peelings.
3. When the crisps have cooled, tip them into a clean bowl, scatter over the rosemary salt and tuck in.