- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A head of broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 150g quinoa
- 150ml boiling water
- 35g peanuts
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 100g feta
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into wedges as thick as your thumb. Toss them in a roasting tin lined with baking paper with 1 tsp oil and some salt and pepper. Roast for 15 mins.
2. While the sweet potatoes roast, break the broccoli into small florets. Peel and slice the onion into thin wedges. Place the broccoli and onion in a bowl. Add 1 tsp oil and some salt and pepper. Turn to coat in the oil and seasoning.
3. Add the broccoli and red onion to the roasting tin. Make sure everything is spread out and not too crowded. Roast for another 25 mins till the veg are tender and a little charred.
4. Tip the quinoa into a sieve and rinse for 1-2 mins under cold water. Put in a small pan. Add 150ml boiling water. Cover and place over a mediumlow heat. Simmer for 15 mins till all the water is absorbed and the grains are cooked. Add more water if the pan dries out too quickly.
5. Pour the peanuts into a dry frying pan. Toast over a medium heat for 2-3 mins, shaking the pan now and then, till the nuts are golden brown and smell nutty. Tip the peanuts onto a clean tea towel and leave them to cool for a few mins. Gently rub off the skins. Roughly chop the peanuts.
6. Measure out 2 tbsp each of the tamari, honey and vinegar into a bowl. Whisk together. Stir half of the dressing into the quinoa.
7. Spoon the quinoa into two warm bowls. Top with the roast sweet potatoes and veg. Crumble over half the pack of feta and scatter over the peanuts. Drizzle over the rest of the dressing and serve straight away.