- 250g pork stir-fry strips
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cayenne chilli
- 400g tin of black beans
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lime
- 4 tortillas*
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 150g Greek style yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
1. Set your oven to 140°C/Fan 120°C/Gas 1. Tip the pork into a dish. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Add it to the pork with ½ tbsp oil and a pinch of salt. Toss to mix, then set aside.
2. Peel and finely chop the shallot. Dice the tomatoes. Warm a small pan on a medium heat for 1 min and add ½ tbsp oil with the shallot and tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and cook, stirring now and then, for 5 mins till the veg have softened.
3. While the veg cook, halve the chilli and flick out the seeds and pith for less heat (or leave them in for extra spice). Finely chop the chilli. Drain the black beans and rinse them.
4. Stir the chilli into the veg with 1 tsp each ground cumin and dried oregano. Tip in the black beans and stir to mix. Grate in the zest from the lime. Pop a lid on the pan and gently cook for 5 mins, stirring now and then.
5. While the beans cook, wrap the tortillas up in foil to make one small parcel, then pop in the oven to gently warm through for 10 mins. This will help soften them.
6. Separate the romaine lettuce leaves and finely shred them. Pop them in a serving dish.
7. Warm a frying pan for 2 mins, then add the pork stir-fry strips. Fry and stir for 5 mins till golden brown all over. Spoon the pork into a warm serving dish.
8. Taste the beans and adjust the seasoning if you think they need it. Spoon into a separate serving dish. Unwrap the tortillas and place them on a serving plate. Serve the tortillas with the pork, beans, lettuce and Greek yogurt on the side. Pile the fillings up on the tortillas and squeeze over a little lime juice before eating.