- 500g new potatoes
- 2 pork loin steaks
- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 2 garlic
- 45g butter
- A handful of mint
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- Sea salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Scrub the potatoes (no need to peel them) and chop them into bite-size chunks. Place them in a large pan. Pour the hot water from the kettle into the pan and add a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer on a medium heat for about 8 mins till nearly tender.
2. Place the pork loin steaks between a couple of pieces of baking paper and use a rolling pin or a heavy saucepan to bash them till they are about 1½ cm thick. Rub each steak with 1 tsp olive oil and some salt and pepper.
3. Warm a large frying pan on a medium high heat for 2 mins. Carefully lay the pork steaks in the pan and cook for 4 mins on each side till golden and cooked through. Lift them on to a plate and cover with foil to rest while you finish the rest of the dish.
4. While the pork is frying, peel and grate the garlic. Finely chop the mint leaves. Trim any dry ends off the Tenderstem® broccoli.
5. When the potatoes have cooked for 8 mins, add the broccoli to the pan and simmer for 3 mins till the potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife and the broccoli is bright green and soft with a slight bite. Drain and tip back to the pan. Add half the butter and pop a lid on the pan to keep warm.
6. Add the remaining butter and the grated garlic to the frying pan you cooked the pork in. Add 2 tsp caraway seeds with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 mins, stirring, till the garlic is golden and the butter is brown and bubbling. Remove from the heat.
7. Toss the chopped mint through the buttery potatoes and broccoli. Add some salt and pepper. Place a pork steak on each plate and spoon over the garlic and caraway butter. Serve with the minted potatoes and broccoli.