- 400g tin of green lentils
- A head of fennel
- 2 courgettes
- 1 lime
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 400g plums
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 tbsp cold water
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
2. Trim the fennel and cut into thick slices. Cut the courgette into rough chunks. Arrange the veg on a baking tray. Zest the lime and sprinkle over. Toss with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of seasoning. Roast in the oven for 25 mins.
3. Set a heavy frying pan over a high heat. Rub the chops with salt and pepper and 1 tsp oil. Fry for 1-2 mins on each side.
4. Transfer the chops onto a baking tray. Slide into the oven for 12-15 mins, or till cooked through. Pop them on a plate. Loosely cover with foil to rest.
5. Halve the plums and scoop out the stones. Tip them into the frying pan and add 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tbsp honey. Cook for 1-2 mins over a medium heat till the plums start to caramelise. Add 4 tbsp water and simmer for 5 mins till it forms a sauce.
6. Drain and rinse the lentils, then tip into a pan. Squeeze the lime juice onto the lentils, and pour over any resting juices from the chops. Add 1 tbsp cold water and place on a medium heat. Heat the lentils, stirring carefully for 5 mins.
7. Spoon some of the lentils onto each plate and top with a pork chop. Drizzle over a generous amount of the sticky plum sauce and serve with the roasted veg.