- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 800ml boiling water
- 100g polenta
- 200g heirloom tomatoes
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 50g rocket
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 100g petit chèvre cheese
1. Fill your kettle and boil it. Crumble the stock cube into a heatproof jug and stir in 800ml boiling water till the stock cube is dissolved. Pour the vegetable stock into a large pan, pop on a lid and bring back to the boil.
2. When the stock is boiling, slowly trickle in the polenta, stirring with a wooden spoon as you add it so it is smooth. Once all the polenta is added, turn the heat down to very low, pop on a lid (or use a baking tray if you don’t have a lid) and cook, stirring often, for 10 mins till the polenta has thickened a little.
3. While the polenta cooks, halve the heirloom and cherry vine tomatoes. Peel and finely slice the garlic cloves.
4. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan for 1 min, then add the tomatoes. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Fry, stirring often, for 5 mins till the tomatoes have just softened. Add the garlic and fry for 1-2 mins till the pan smells aromatic.
5. Toss the rocket with ½ tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Taste the polenta and add a pinch of salt if you think it needs it. Divide the polenta between 2 warm bowls. Top with the rocket, tomatoes and Petit Chèvre cheese. Serve straight away.