- 1 bunch purple of sprouting broccoli
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 6 hand dived scallops
- 50g butter (plus a knob for cooking)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest plus 1 tbsp juice
- A handful of parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
Recipe & image by @AlexandraDudley
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
2. Cut any large broccoli stems in half and arrange onto a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and toss, using your hands to coat. Sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Roast for 15 mins until the broccoli has cooked and the leaves are slightly crispy.
4. Remove and cover whilst you prepare the scallops and butter.
5. Place the 50g butter and garlic clove in a small saucepan. Heat over a medium heat until the butter has melted and just starts to bubble.
6. Add your lemon zest, juice, parsley, capers and 1 tsp of sea salt and cook for a further 3 mins gently before switching off the heat and covering.
7. To cook your scallops place a knob of butter into a frying pan and melt over a medium heat.
8. Arrange your scallops in the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins, turn and cook for a further 2 mins. Once cooked remove and place onto a plate to avoid them over cooking.
9. Arrange your broccoli onto two plates. Then add your scallops. Finish by pouring over the lemon, parsley caper butter and a sprinkling of sea salt. Serve right away.