- 400g yellow vine tomatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A 400g tin of chickpeas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 lime
- 2 shallots
- A handful of mint
1. Slice the yellow tomatoes into thick slices. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Mix in a large bowl with a pinch of salt.
2. Set a frying pan over medium heat to warm up. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add 2 tbsp oil to the pan. Add the chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper. Sizzle and shake till they pop and go a bit golden, about 5-10 mins.
3. Add the coriander and cumin seeds to the chickpeas. Sizzle a moment longer, till they're nice and fragrant. Take off the heat. Grate in lime zest. Add a squeeze of juice.
4. Tumble the sizzled and spiced chickpeas in to the tomatoes.
5. Halve, peel and thinly slice the shallots. Put the pan back on the heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and the shallots. Fry till the shallots are golden and a little crisp. Add a pinch of salt, and more oil, if needed. Take off the heat.
6. Strip the mint leaves from the stalks (use the stalks to make tea). Roughly chop or tear the leaves. Mix into the salad. Taste. Add more seasoning, spice and/or lime juice, as needed. Scoop onto serving plates. Scatter the sizzled shallots over and serve.