- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of chilli powder (more or less to taste)
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A good pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1 large handful fresh coriander and/or fresh mint
- A little trickle of olive oil
- 4 chicken legs
1. Place everything in a food processor apart from the oil and chicken.
2. Whizz till smooth. If you don’t have a food processor, finely chop the herbs and garlic and mix everything in a pestle and mortar or just in a bowl.
3. Trickle a splash of oil, just enough to loosen everything a little.
4. Rub the marinade into the chicken. Lift the skin of the chicken and tuck some of the marinade under it, too. Pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to a day.
5. Lovely on the barbecue or roast in a 200°C/Gas 6 oven for 30 mins, or till the juices run clear when you prick the fattest part of the leg with a knife. Let the meat rest for 15-30 mins before serving.