- 400g beef meatball & burger mix
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 75ml milk
- 50g quick porridge oats or breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Finely chopped leaves from 2 rosemary sprigs
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 200g tomato puree
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
2. Mix everything apart from the tomato puree. Really mix everything well, scrunching everything together.
3. Lightly oil a medium-sized loaf tin or two smaller ones. Pack the meat into the tin(s). Slater the tomato puree over the top. Pop in the preheated oven. Roast for 1 hour if using one loaf tin or 45 mins if using two smaller tins.
4. Let the meat rest 15 mins before slicing. Delicious with mash and greens.