- 1 large leek
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
1. Trim the root and top 3cm off the leek and halve it lengthways. Rinse out any grit under a cold tap, then slice the leek into thin strips.
2. Peel and crush or finely chop the garlic. Pick the thyme leaves off their sprigs.
3. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a pan and warm it to a medium-low heat. Add the garlic and thyme leaves to the pan and cook for 1 min.
4. Stir in the leek and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Pop a lid on the pan and cook gently for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally, till the leek is soft and sweet.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and stir to mix. Serve straight away.