- 1 large leek
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
1. Trim the root and top 3cm off the leek and halve the leek lengthways. Rinse away any dirt under a cold tap, then slice into thin strips.
2. Peel and crush or finely chop the garlic. Pick the thyme leaves, discarding the woody stalks.
3. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a pan and bring to a medium-low heat. Slide in the garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 min.
4. Stir in the sliced leek and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Pop a lid on the pan and cook gently for 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally, till the leek is soft and sweet.
5. Squeeze the lemon juice into the leek and stir to mix. Serve straight away.