- 2 sticks of rhubarb
- 75g quinoa
- 2 star anise
- 1 orange
- A handful of chives
- 2 large handfuls of lamb's lettuce
- 2 tsp honey
- A thumb of ginger
- Sea salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Cut your rhubarb diagonally into 2cm chunks. Tumble into a roasting pan. Pop in the oven on a high shelf. Roast 15 mins or till tender and a little bronzed around the edges.
2. Rinse your quinoa till the water runs clear. Put a lidded pan over medium heat. Add one star anise and the quinoa. Toast for a moment over a low heat. Add enough water to cover with 1cm extra on top. Add a pinch of salt.
3. Cover and cook 20 mins or till all the water is absorbed. Steam, lid on for a further 5 mins. Add the zest from your orange to the cooked quinoa. Gently fold the roasted rhubarb through. Finely chop your chives. Add it along with the lamb’s lettuce.
4. Squeeze the orange juice to a blender or food processor. Add the remaining star anise, a pinch of salt, the honey, 2cm of peeled ginger and 2 tbsp olive oil. Blend till smooth and creamy.
5. Arrange the salad on a plate. Drizzle the dressing over. Peel the remaining ginger. Slice into matchsticks. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small frying pan. Add the ginger with a pinch of salt. Sizzle till just golden and crisp. Scatter over the top of the salad.