- A thumb of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chilli
- 100g cavolo nero
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 cod fillets
- 2 bundles of Thai rice noodles
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100ml cold water
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Peel and finely slice the ginger and garlic. Finely slice the chilli, flicking out most of the seeds. Finely shred the cavolo nero, discarding the dry ends.
2. Pour 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp tamari and 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar into a small bowl. Whisk well. Place the cod fillets, skin-side down, in a small baking dish. Pour the marinade over the cod.
3. Bake the cod in the oven for 12 mins till cooked through. Halfway through cooking, spoon the marinade in the dish over the cod to glaze.
4. While the cod cooks, pour 1 tbsp each of tamari and brown rice vinegar into a deep frying pan or wok. Add 100ml cold water. Throw in the ginger, garlic and chilli and simmer for 5 mins to make an infused broth.
5. Drop the cavolo nero into the simmering broth and cook for 3-4 mins till just wilted.
6. Meanwhile, put the noodles into a pan and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 mins. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle in 1 tsp oil to stop them sticking together too much. Add to the broth and stir to coat the noodles in it.
7. Serve the cod with the steam stirred greens and noodles, spooning over any marinade.