- 2 aubergines
- ½ tsp harissa
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 red onion
- A 250g punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 150g 0% Greek style yogurt
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Chef 1: Heat your oven to 200C/Fan 180Cn/Gas 6. Halve the aubergines lengthways through the stalk. Using a sharp knife, make a criss cross pattern in the cut sides. Take care not to score all the way through to the skin. Place on a baking tray.
2. Chef 1: Add ½ tsp harissa to a bowl. Pour in 1 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt. Stir together. Brush this spicy paste all over the flesh of the aubergines.
3. Chef 2: Peel and thickly slice the onion. Tumble onto the baking tray alongside the aubergines. Tip on the tomatoes. Season both with salt and pepper. Slide the tray into the oven and roast all the veg for 30 mins.
4. Chefs 1 and 2: Relax for 30 mins - maybe have a glass of wine.
5. Chef 2: After 30 mins, remove the veg from the oven. Spoon the tomatoes into a bowl, leaving the other veg on the tray. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the turmeric into the bowl with the tomatoes. Using a fork, squash everything together to form a rough paste.
6. Chef 2: Spoon the yogurt into the bowl of tomatoes and mix together. Taste and add more salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
7. Chef 1 : Scatter the rocket on to two plates. Drizzle over ½ tbsp olive oil. Top with each pile with a pair of aubergines. Spoon over the tomato yogurt and served, sprinkled with a little extra harissa if you like.